- This event has passed.
A Solution Focused Approach to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder – CPD for the Therapist
14th January @ 17:00 - 20:00 GMTGBP75
A Solution Focused Approach to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder with the incredible Andy Workman. This workshop is for the hypnotherapist.
Many of us experience trauma in our lives.
– Road collisions
– Personal injury
– Physical, mental or sexual abuse
– Natural or man-made disasters
– Warfare or civil unrest
– Terrorist incidents…..
– the list could go on but definitely includes VIRAL PANDEMICS!Sometimes, just being a witness to such incidents can be traumatic. We are all exposed to graphic, detailed and disturbing coverage via the press and social media, to such an extent that we would be forgiven for thinking that we were actually present at the event.
Most can deal with these things but if the incident or our involvement in it is of enough magnitude, our can suffer lasting, reoccurring and life changing emotional and psychological trauma.
Sometimes, as in current times, it can be ABSENCE from an event that causes trauma. Not being able to assist a relative or loved one when they are dying can be incredibly traumatic and the effects can be long lasting.
PTSD – Post Traumatic Stress Disorder is a very real condition that adversely affects the lives of sufferers, their family, friends and colleagues alike. It can result in life limiting/threatening conditions such as addiction, aggression, self harm and even suicide.
Thankfully, the condition responds well to hypnotherapy, with many individuals able to return to a full life experience as a result of treatment.
What is included in the workshop?
This workshop includes:
– What is PTSD
– The history of the condition
– The diagnosis criteria for PTSD
– Common approaches used in mainstream treatment
– PTSD in Children and how to approach it
– Why proper diagnosis and treatment is so important – for the THERAPIST
– The solution focused approach to treating PTSD
and much more.
£75 – This includes the workshop itself, a certificate as proof of attendance and a PDF copy of the course slides.
Refreshments will be served and also included in the price.