- This event has passed.
Alcohol and Hypnotherapy Online CPD Training for the Hypnotherapist
14th May @ 10:30 - 12:30 BSTGBP45 – GBP50
This CPD will be accredited by the CPD Standards Office and will have their stamp of approval on your certificate of attendance. Alcohol dependence is commonplace and most (if not all) hypnotherapists will, during the course of their career, see clients who have a physical or an emotional addiction to alcohol and who are struggling to make changes. Many colleagues I speak say that they approach such clients with trepidation and feel out of their depth. This introductory session will demystify alcohol addiction and will equip you to work with your clients confidently. It will provide you with a good knowledge of the issues that your clients may be facing as a consequence of their drinking. It will guide you to understand when it is appropriate to work with alcohol addicted clients, and when it may not be.
The course includes:
• The reasons why people drink to excess
• The levels that constitute excessive drinking
• The difference between drinking excessively and alcohol addiction
• The potential physical health consequences of drinking too much
• How you, as a hypnotherapist, can work effectively with a person who wishes to take control of their alcohol use
• Handouts giving all the information shared in the course
• Language patterns that work well with alcohol dependent clients
Rebecca Bartholomew has been working in the field of addiction for over 20 years and has thousands of client hours behind her. Addiction services in the UK work in a solution focused way, understanding that, for change to happen, clients need to be able to visualise their preferred future. Rebecca combines her knowledge of alcohol dependence and Solution Focused Hypnotherapy to bring you this course rich in insight, knowledge, and experience-based practice.
Rebecca has qualifications in Counselling and Solution Focused Hypnotherapy and runs her own online hypnotherapy service from home.