- This event has passed.
Online BLAST Technique Practitioner® Workshop
3rd July @ 14:00 - 18:00 BSTGBP397
Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) was the probably the most effective tool out there for dealing with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and Trauma, but as with anything, things develop and change over time.
Nick Davies’ BLAST Technique® is an Amygdala Desensitising Technique (ADT) which has been created and developed to work faster and more effectively with PTSD and trauma.
It has now been effectively used thousands of times by hundreds of trained BLAST® and Advanced BLAST Technique® Practitioners in the UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Italy, Netherlands, Belgium and the Czech Republic for conditions detailed below:
PTSD, complex PTSD and trauma from:
Sexual Assaults, Physical Assaults, Child Abuse, Robbery, Mugging, Terrorist Attacks, Narcissist Relationship Abuse, Natural Disasters & Being Diagnosed with Life-Threatening Illnesses.
Anxiety, General Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Postnatal Depression, Traumatic Birth, Addictions, Phobias, Allergies, Intimidation From Bullying, Jealousy, Anger, Rage, Guilt, Shame, Insomnia, Cravings, Bereavement, Grief, Relationship Breakups, and it can be used to discover any root cause of feelings or emotions.
The following topics will be covered during the workshop:
* Francine Shapiro’s History of EMDR
* Who is affected by PTSD? (Percentages of men and women)
* How does it work? Shapiro’s and LeDoux’s theories
* The roles of the Amygdala, Hippocampus and Thalamus
* Stress and the General Adaptation Syndrome (GAS)
* How it affects the organism
* The NICE definition of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
* Auditory and Kinaesthetic EMDR
* EMDR 8 Steps
* EMDR Standard Protocol
* How to spot PTSD or trauma with sensory acuity
* Research and effectiveness of EMDR
* Eye Movements that Reinforce PTSD and Trauma
* EMDR, NLP and John Grinder
* Eye Accessing Cues
* Repression or suppression of emotional trauma
* My “Pending Tray” theory
* The use of suggestion and metaphor
* What is “Transactional Analysis”?
* “Trauma Re-enactment” – Why Clients Replay the Trauma
* The ‘Drama Triangle’ and how it affects relationships
* What Causes PTSD and Trauma?
* Different types of PTSD & Trauma
* The Importance of Proper Preparation When Treating Trauma
* “What Emotions Do You Feel?”
* BLAST Technique® v.2 (Bi-Lateral Analysis & Stimulation Treatment) Protocol – Accelerate the processing speed
* BLAST Technique® Protocol – Short v.2
* BLAST “Regression to Cause”
* Personal History
* BLAST® Self-Care Protocols 1-4
* Hypnotherapy Script “Release Stress Now!”
The course is accredited by the ACCPH (ACCPH the Professional Body for Counsellors, Coaches, Psychotherapists and Clinical Hypnotherapists) and also counts towards your Continual Professional Development (CPD).
Course prerequisites: As this a continual professional development (CPD) course, you must be trained in a base therapy e.g. psychotherapy, hypnotherapy, counselling, and have full insurance. This home study, exam and online version is unlikely to suit those with learning disabilities. If in doubt contact us for an informal chat.
The workshop combines home study, exam submission and ‘live’ training online over Skype. You will receive a 35-page set of detailed handouts, a “BLAST Technique® Practitioner” certificate, plus free access to a private Facebook discussion group* purely for registered BLAST Technique® Practitioners, plus 2 awesome BLAST Technique® “Neuralyzer” pens!]
Payment required by 24th June for UK, 3rd June for rest for US, Canada and rest of world