- This event has passed.
Working with Children and Adolescents – One Day Workshop
21st November 2020GBP150 – GBP170
Children and adolescents are increasingly suffering from mental health issues. This subject is frequently discussed on Radio, TV and in newspapers and we are seeing an increasing number of children within our own practice.
Working with children and adolescents requires great care and patience and is very different from treating adults. Over the last 12 years The Clem & Margaret Turner Therapy Practice have developed a programme specifically for working with children and adolescents.
This one-day Workshop offers a step by step guide to the programme covering a variety of different issues including behavioural problems, habits, lack of confidence, self-esteem, bed wetting, hair pulling, eating issues, exam nerves, bullying, anger and many more.
On the Workshop you will learn:
- What has changed in society to cause increasing problems for children and adolescents?
- What is the programme and how does it help?
- Stages of children’s development
- What other help is available for children
- Legal and ethical requirements for working with children
- Working with parent/parents or guardian
- Using the programme with children and adolescents including how to build rapport
- A variety of common children’s issues and how best to deal with them
- A variety of inductions suitable for different stages of development
- A variety of deepeners suitable for different stages of development
- A variety of post hypnotic suggestions suitable for different stages of development
- A variety of scripts suitable for different stages of development
- How to create your own scripts which are suitable for children
- Dealing with children who have learning difficulties eg. ADHA, Asperger’s, Dyslexia etc.
Tutor: Clem Turner
Clem has been successfully working with children and adolescents with their many different issues for the past 11 years. He has developed the programme which is based not only on Hypnotherapy but also includes other treatments which children respond well to. He is a provider for the Listening Programme and the Learning Breakthrough which are both for children with learning difficulties.
The cost of the Workshop includes all scripts, forms, power point presentation, safe car parking, substantial lunch and refreshments throughout the day, certificate of attendance.